1. A straw hat is worth its weight in gold after a few sun-scorching days.
2. I love my black Elizabeths! The perfect pair for on-stage.
3. A orange polkadot bikini minus the polkadots makes for a perfect festival staple. I live in my swimsuit top day and night from concert to campsite.
4. I don’t leave the house without my Feather & Belle friendship ring handmade by Campson Loe. The wire-wrapped glass button is made with love and offers sweet memories of my dear friend, Laura.
5. Baby wipes are perfect for the campers who go the shower-free route.
6. Coconut oil is always in my toiletry bag. When used as a lotion, nothing compares to its ability to keep my skin moisturized and glowing. Can’t sleep? Try adding a few drops of lavender oil to create a calming massage oil for your shoulders.
7. I’ve worn these shades almost everyday since I got them at SXSW this year. Tortoise & Blonde has a beautiful collection, my favorite being the “Collins.”
8. Long, hot days at Bonnaroo cause me to swap my usual sparkling water for some vitamin C-filled sparkling juice. The sugar gives the carbs I need to press on through the afternoon slump.
9. This perfume solid from Pacifica is the perfect way to bring my favorite scent with me in my coin purse. I love this blend of essential oils for summer as fig is a sweat treat for toasty skin.
10. After all these years, a new Beach Boys record released just in time for their set at Bonnaroo! Who’s with me front row surfin’ safari?
11. There’s nothing like a festive blanket to make the perfect dance floor. Time to take off our shoes and dance the day away.
12. Heard about the band Grouplove while we were on tour with Givers last fall. Can’t wait to catch their set this weekend!
13. Watermelon is the key to making new friends with your campsite neighbors – a sweet treat that is always better shared!
14. A scarf is the best way to shield your face from the dust bowl that is the festival. Words of wisdom: Don’t forget your scarf!
15. When the ground is too hot for bare-footing, I like a sturdy pair of boots to romp around in the mud.
16. Morning sun salutations? Yes, please. This eKo mat is earth-friendly and “lighter” weight without compromising a good grip for your down dogs. Hope to see you at the solar stage bright and early!
Kelsey Kopecky is the frontwoman for Kopecky Family Band, a local six-piece playing tomorrow night at i+w with William Tyler at what we’re calling our Bonnaroo send-off party. The event runs from 5-9 pm and is free and open to the public. Bring a blanket and BYOB. We’ll have beer courtesy of Yazoo Brewery, eats from Holland House and coffee from Barista Parlor. As always, Mas Tacos will be parked right outside. See you there!