Our beloved Mic had his final day at the shop last week, but we couldn’t let him leave without sharing a farewell Roundup. He just graduated barber school and starts today at Parlour & Juke salon. Many of our boys already have appointments with him, and you should too. This guy knows his craft! We already miss him but know he’s in the perfect place.
1. Baxter’s Clay Pomade. Crunchy hair is not for everybody. Not everyone’s a dapper dan man. Matte finish. Get real.
2. Field Notes. DRAPLIN DESIGN CO. GET AT ME! Friggin’ great.
3. Hanky. Keep your schnoz clean. Don’t waste paper. It’s not gross. YOU’RE GROSS!
4. Altoid smalls. Pops turned me on to these. Pop ‘em like pilllllls.
5. Dogfish Head Pumpkin Ale. Can’t get this in Tennessee. But if you’re from Delaware and looking to make a friend, take the risk and hustle a sixer across state lines.
6. Buena Vista Social Club. Favorite record. No words.
7. Cocktail. TOM CRUISE IS AN ARTIST. Some people don’t seem to understand that.
8. imogene + willie Hencye. Greatest pants. Give me that wide leg. Give me that extra fabric. Wash it down. Bless you Ian. (Shhh, this one is the new fall fabric coming soon)
9. Green Stanley flask. Fill that lil number with my buddy’s neighbor’s “apple jack” and you’ll be warm all winter.
10. BRÖÖ Shampoo made in Asheville, North Carolina. “Ingredients: Beer…” Serious. Bike ride followed by beer in the shower… Get at me!
11. Pilot G2 black .07 BOLD. It’s bold. It’s good. My buddy uses the “zebra” pens. But those are for fools.
12. Buckshot Sonny’s red pocket comb. “Leave this long haired country boy alone.”
13. Best Made Co. Gear Bag. I keep all my barber gear in this hoss of a bag. So good.
14. “On The Run” markers. I like to draw pictures. Real big. Get a big marker. Be tasteful.
15. Wax Poetics Magazine - easily one of my favorite publications. If you like good tunes, get it.
16. Selby’s “Squeaky’s Special Sauce.” My lady makes THE BEST beard and shaving oils. “Squeaky’s” is a blend of avocado and rose oil. Named after Ms. Dorothy “Squeaky” Bruce – a dear friend and great teacher.
17. Iwasaki Kamisori. Got this little number for cutting hair. Japanese-style straight razor. Amazing blacksmith. They don’t make ‘em like this anymore.
18. Soft Star RunAmocs. BAREFOOT RUNNING IS REAL. STOP HAVING BACK PROBLEMS AND TAKE YOUR SHOES OFF. Game changer.
19. My truck, a ’77 Cherokee Chief. Gas mileage isn’t as good as the trek, but she leaks gas and hauls ass.
20. My bike – My uncle Doug’s old whip. Early ’90s Trek 970. Rusted out. Dusted out. Put a Brooks Saddle on that bitch and DO WORK.