1. When I get excited, I tend to buck. All of my close friends nicknamed me “Buck” because I buck around like a donkey or a horse when I’m feeling really happy.
2. I have a job to do, so when I’m at the shop I greet everyone who comes in with a sniff sniff. I secretly look for crumbs in baby strollers, and even found some peanut butter crackers in someone’s purse one time.
3. The only way I can find to stay cool in the Nashville heat and still look good is to have my Aunt Jessica brush my hair regularly.
4. I was born and raised in Istanbul, Turkey and my mom put me on a plane to come back to my new home in Kentucky. The turbulence on the airplane was so frightening, I’ve had a phobia of thunder and lightening ever since. My only relief was to curl up and breathe my hot breath on their necks during thunderstorms, until last year when they bought me my trusty Thundershirt off Sky Mall.
5. Marley & Me. Isn’t this everyone’s favorite movie? Cried all the way through it.
6. My favorite place to play is my Aunt Susan’s backyard in Kentucky. I used to live 5 houses down from her and sometimes, even without asking, I’d run down the street and show up at her front door. The reason the backyard is so near and dear to me is because my black labrador cousin, Jackson, taught me how to take all the dirt out of flower pots (so we could take naps in them) and then run headfirst into a tree. RIP Jackson Vickers.
7. These are my first friends that I met when I moved to Nashville – Kayle and Kelsey.
8. I feel that generally I am a pretty smart girl. I use that to my advantage – to strategically not do things that I’m asked to do unless my dad tempts me with a treat.
9. I’ve always worn a vintage leather collar from Filson. I’ll always keep this in my wardrobe, but the team at i+w just got me a brand new Tanner Goods collar. It will take a while to break in, but the wear pattern and patina over the years will be worth it. Available in the imogene + willie shop.
10. One day last year, I was at the shop and there was a squirrel in the showroom. For over a week, I tried my hardest to get it and it gave me the worst anxiety. I finally caught it and now this toy reminds me of that special squirrel.
11. This was my reward for catching said squirrel in the shop. My dad calls it my squirrel log… I’m not really sure why he calls it that because it’s got a raccoon tail and an orange plastic log part.
12. If I had my way, I’d eat Mas Tacos every day but I have a sensitive stomach and can’t do that anymore. So now Canidae (from Wags & Whiskers) is my food choice, but I still sneak in the backyard after supper+song to eat leftover tacos out of the rocks. I’m a little bit OCD when it comes to the time that I eat. I know exactly 7 minutes before noon and 7 minutes before 5 pm that it’s almost time. Even if my parents aren’t nearby, I find whoever I can to feed me on time.
13. Nothing’s quite as soft and cozy as my parent’s bed, but let me tell you, when they got me my Filson bed, it came pretty close. Might as well have the best.
14. My mom got my dad a vintage leather wing-back chair for his birthday from Peter Nappi. He really wanted something that reclined and this doesn’t, so I took it as my own. It’s the best to curl up in for naps.