Andy Mumma is the owner of East Nashville’s newest coffee shop, Barista Parlor. Handcrafted by the cup, each brew comes out perfect each time – no matter the method (we personally love the Bourbon Vanilla Latte). We asked Andy to share his morning routines and daily must-haves in today’s Roundup.
1. The Velvet Underground Live at Max’s Kansas City. Not the best sounding record but I think that’s also why it’s so good!
2. The i+w Leo 3 Dot with short sleeves.
3. I don’t leave home without the vintage bandana my pops gave me as a kid!
4. “PRB” Sausage Biscuit and handcrafted cup of coffee at Barista Parlor.
6. Parlour & Juke’s Oglala Bay Rum Aftershave. Who doesn’t love an aftershave named after the whorehouse in Lonesome Dove anyways?
7. Handcrafted just for me! My Otis James cap.
8. Fear And Loathing In Las Vegas by Hunter S. Thompson. Crazy good.
9. My i+w Barton blacks.
10. My winter ride – the 1950 Ford Coupe.
11. I’ve kept this horseshoe with me in my bag since I was a kid. My grandpop gave me this 25 years ago.
12. I was born and raised Mennonite. My grandmother started painting when she turned 70. This is one of her paintings that I have and look at before I leave the house. It reminds me of being on the farm growing up.
13. Always can go for a Mast Brothers chocolate bar! Available at Barista Parlor.
14. I love brewing my morning cup at Barista Parlor in a chemex. It’s timeless, beautiful and a perfect brewer.
15. Stumptown Coffee available at Barista Parlor.
16. Conway belt from Emil Erwin.
17. Rebel Without A Cause – one of my favorites!
18. My favorite mode of transportation: a 1955 BMW R50.
19. Notebooks from Bryce McCloud and Isle of Printing. I write down all my ideas and inspirations.
20. This is how my mornings start… with my “Tennessee Yellow Dog” Lucy.